The 凯柏荣誉计划 is more than an honors program. Designed to provide highly motivated and academically gifted students with scholarly challenges throughout and beyond the regular curriculum, this program includes three components-interdisciplinary work, 理论的理解, and seminar participation and leadership-all built on a Christian foundation.
The program seeks not only to prepare leaders for the Christian and world communities but also to advance the academic atmosphere at Dordt. 在他们的本科经历中, participating students work closely with their 凯柏荣誉计划 advisors and faculty mentors to reach their goals.
- Develop a Kuyperian sense of scholarly work as calling to a particular kind of Kingdom service
- Articulate a sense of broader calling in this world rooted in a Biblical historical imagination
- Demonstrate an ability to question and challenge the deforming spirits of the age from an individual and collective perspective
- Develop proficiency in interdisciplinary, theoretical, and collaborative scholarly work
- Engage in active public scholarship and community service
- 展示开发的熟练程度, 沟通, and consideration of ideas necessary for Christian scholarship
The 凯柏荣誉计划 is designed to fit with every major at Dordt. 毕业:从课程中毕业, 学生将学习以下课程, some of which satisfy general education and major requirements.
- KHP 110:修辞 & 基督教奖学金(4学分)
- Explore your calling and develop essential skills needed to communicate insight.
- KHP 150: Biblical Foundations, Theology, and Imagination (3 credits)
- Unpack the Biblical metanarrative and find ways to root your identity in it.
- KHP 200: Christian Philosophy, Ethics, and Humanity (3 credits)
- KHP 350: Engaging Culture as Christian Scholars (3 credits)
- Deepen your commitment to your calling and prepare yourself for the next stage of life.
- Engage in public scholarship driven by your own scholarly interests.
入学 into 凯柏荣誉计划 depends on an entrance essay and demonstrated academic ability. The entrance essay must demonstrate the student's character and potential for academic excellence in the pursuit of serviceable insight in the area of Christian scholarship.
To remain in the 凯柏荣誉计划 students must maintain a 3.25 GPA and remain active participants in 凯柏荣誉计划. Students in 凯柏荣誉计划 will receive an annual $2,500 Kuyper Scholarship.
For priority consideration, the completed application must be postmarked on or before December 1. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis after that point. Please visit the link to apply below to complete the application for the 凯柏荣誉计划.
入学 to the 凯柏荣誉计划 will only be considered once a completed Dordt University application is on file with the admissions office. For more information, contact one of the co-directors below.
- An ACT composite score of 28 or higher (or the SAT equivalent)
- 历史 majors are eligible for an additional scholarship sponsored by Rockne and Joan McCarthy. Indicate on the 凯柏荣誉计划 application form that history is your intended major.
*不符合这些标准之一的学生, but who can demonstrate substantial merit or capacity for success in this program are still encouraged to submit an application.
- At least one semester of full-time college experience, and ordinarily no more than four semesters.
*不符合这些标准之一的学生, but who can demonstrate substantial merit or capacity for success in this program are still encouraged to submit an application.马上申请
你们可能有问题. )我们希望如此!) 联系 one of our friendly 招生 Counselors to learn more about Dordt or request specific information. 记住，没有问题是不好的问题.